Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kit - where and which exact kit do I buy?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Jackson, NJ

Test kit - where and which exact kit do I buy?

That test kit everyone refers to here - where is it sold and does it come with all tests included or do I add them separately?
    Also, when do I need OTO test and when FAS?
    Seasonal World rectangular pool, 27K gallons (data sheet), 25.3K calculated
    Jandy Stealth JHPU 2.0 PUMP, 2HP
    Jandy CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair C320 inline chlorinator
    AquaComfort heatpump heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test kit - where and which exact kit do I buy?

Get your test kits from

I suggest the tf100. It won't have the salt test - not sure if you have a swg. You can purchase one at same place if you need it. You will not need oto test. The fas-dpd is what you use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

3. Back To Top    #3

Paradise (Hampstead, NC)

I use the OTO test every day, use the full kit once a week. Once a pool is properly balanced and maintained, not much is required....unless a tropical storm like Hermina drops 13" of rain in 8 hours, or your gfci kicks off due to a storm while you are out of town....but that's why you have the full test kit to rely on. Check CL and PH daily with the simple kit, total chemistry once a week with the big one.
    16X32 AB, Jacuzzi Laser 190 19" sand filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

Some people use the OTO test during the week and the more costly and more accurate FAS-DPD test once per week, others like myself almost exclusively use the FAS-DPD, although the OTO is good to have around as a sanity test. The OTO reagents are very cheap (refills of OTO solution are only about $1 or so) and TF-Teskits can make up the TF-100 by including the OTO/pH combo kit in it for less than it would cost them to include a pH only reagent and the cost of the pH only test block. So in a way the OTO test is a freebie thrown in.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5
    Northern IL

I have a K-2006C and love it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an OTO and I never use it.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.