Will liner last the winter?

chliss

May 30, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I have a 15' above ground pool. One side is almost 2" lower than the other. It has been like this since for years and hasn't gotten worse. However the liner is showing some strain, with wrinkles running toward the lower side and some wrinkles around the skimmer port. There are no apparent leaks but I worry that I will need a new liner soon. Should I worry that it will not last the winter? I live in the northeast, where we get freezing weather and snow.

I'd be more worried that it's 2" out of level than the liner having wrinkles. You should relevel the pool when you replace the liner.

If your pool is not moving as you say, then there should be no reason for the liner to be under any sort of strain. Once the liner makes its inital stretch when you first put it in and fill the pool, it stays there. If nothing is moving, then your liner is not stretching. The fact that your pool is 2" out of level, and you liner is now somehow developing wrinkles suggests that something somwewhere is indeed moving, and needs to be corrected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.