Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This is my third season and my first battle with algae. Between writing a paper, work, and the weather, I let my chlorine drop and the pool turned rather green. Thanks to this site, I knew exactly how to clean it up. Water is now perfectly clear and everything is great.... Except for some super fine silt that collects in a few divots on the bottom. No matter how much I vacuum, they come back after a day or so. I'm thinking the sand filter just is not catching it. I know I can vacuum to waste but was hoping to avoid dumping so much water. I usually vacuum on high. Will vacuuming on low help? My hope is that with less pressure, it will be less likely to be pushed all the way through the filter. Has anyone else experimented with this? If this doesn't work, I will try diatomaceous earth next week.

Thanks in advance!

Good plan to try some DE.

I don't know about your vacuuming method, but mine works fine on low speed. It travels much slower, but eventually covers the pool. Dead algae is very light in weight, and my manual vacuum sucks up light dust easily on low speed.

Thanks, guys. I deep cleaned the filter after my first season but not last year or this year. I think I will just try some DE for now (it came back even after vacuuming on low). Maybe I will do another deep clean this Fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.