Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair ic20 Cell Light In Boost Mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Neptune Beach

Pentair ic20 Cell Light In Boost Mode

I cleaned and put my SWG (Pentair ic20) in boost mode because I had no chlorine. While in boost mode the green cell light is green most of the time but ocassionally it turns off for 5-10 minutes which I understand indicates chlorine is not being produced. Since I'm in boost mode shouldn't the cell light be green and remain green 100% of the time?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pentair ic20 Cell Light In Boost Mode

When you put it in BOOST mode, did the Sanitizer Output LEDs scroll? They should do that for the full 24 hour cycle.

FYI - If your FC dropped to zero, using BOOST mode is not the best way to raise FC quickly. You should use liquid chlorine to set the FC level and then run the SWG. SWG's will only very slowly raise FC levels and, during that time, you're leaving your water at dangerously low levels of FC where algae can get a foothold and start growing.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates