Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm Slamming my pool because of increased chlorine demand and the water was looking a little dull. Yesterday I put in enough liquid chlorine to bring FC to 20. I started feeling unwell because of a tooth extraction, so I couldn't do anything more yesterday.

Tested this morning and the FC was 13.5 and CC was <0.5. I don't know if it dropped from 20 because the chlorine was used up or if it really never got that high bc my liquid chlorine was about a month old and maybe degraded
I bought some fresh chlorine and brought the FC up to 21.5. As soon as I poured it in, the water got very cloudy. Dead algae is now on the bottom of the pool.

My SWG is off.

The FC is not dropping. My readings today are:

2:00 21.5
3:00 21
5:00 21
8:00 21

I'm surprised that the FC isn't budging. Could it be as simple as that the algae is all dead already?

Measurements from yesterday, before Slamming:

FC 5
CC 0
pH 7.6
CH 200
TA 80
CYA 50

I know how to do an OCLT and will do one tonight. Just perplexed about the lack of movement in FC.

I forgot to lower the pH before I started. I always forget that.

I will go do some brushing when Harry Potter is over.

Ha! Enjoy the movie. Your pH is fine. I don't like to hear that "you always forget that". We don't want you to be slamming often!

Remember to turn off the SWG and take your final nighttime FC reading at LEAST a half hour after your last chlorine addition for the OCLT. Those are two huge problems people encounter with the OCLT.

Brushed for about 30 mins, took a sample, and FC was 20.5, CC was <0.5. We'll see where it is in the morning

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.