I'm Slamming my pool because of increased chlorine demand and the water was looking a little dull. Yesterday I put in enough liquid chlorine to bring FC to 20. I started feeling unwell because of a tooth extraction, so I couldn't do anything more yesterday.
Tested this morning and the FC was 13.5 and CC was <0.5. I don't know if it dropped from 20 because the chlorine was used up or if it really never got that high bc my liquid chlorine was about a month old and maybe degraded
I bought some fresh chlorine and brought the FC up to 21.5. As soon as I poured it in, the water got very cloudy. Dead algae is now on the bottom of the pool.
My SWG is off.
The FC is not dropping. My readings today are:
I'm surprised that the FC isn't budging. Could it be as simple as that the algae is all dead already?
Measurements from yesterday, before Slamming: