Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "No Flow" continuously on

1. Back To Top    #1

"No Flow" continuously on

Hi,

I have a Nature2 Fusion Soft. I noticed the other day that I was very low on chlorine.....about .6 ppm. I jacked up the SWG to 100%. I tested today and I have 0 ppm chlorine. I then noticed today I have "No Flow" showing on the display......which I learned chlorine production stops.

I pulled the Flow/temp/salinity sensor and it had no scale, but I did scrub it down as directed anyway. I also took a look at the cell and it looks mostly (97% +) clean.

I cycled the power off and on and I still get "No Flow".

Any ideas? This is the third season for the SWG....brand new pool 3 years ago.

Thanks,
    Doug
    13,500 Gallon Gunite Aggregate Finish, DE, SWG, 2.0 HP pump, 1.0 HP pump for 3 Sheer Descents

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "No Flow" continuously on

Perhaps some details and test numbers are available so we have something to work with?
    16X32 AB, Pentair SD filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100

3. Back To Top    #3

Vickery,
    What kind of details and test number are you looking for?
    Thanks,
    Doug
    13,500 Gallon Gunite Aggregate Finish, DE, SWG, 2.0 HP pump, 1.0 HP pump for 3 Sheer Descents

4. Back To Top    #4

TA, CH, CSI... all the others as well. But likely it is a hardware issue as much as a conductivity one. Does that unit use a mechanical flow switch or electronic?

5. Back To Top    #5

here are some numbers

TA - 110
    Free Chlorine - 0
    Combined Chlorine - .2
    pH - 7.6
    Calcium - 280
    CYA - 50

I don't know what a mechanical flow switch is, so it must be electronic.

6. Back To Top    #6

Doug,

Well, seems to me that there are only two options..

1. The actual flow is low, due to maybe a clogged filter.. What is your filter pressure.

2. The flow sensor in your SWG is not working. Not sure how your particular flow sensor works, but on mine it is mechanical switch that I can "rubber-band" closed for a test if I wanted..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

My pressure is fine.....18 psi. There is normal and plenty of flow coming out of the returns. I have a flow/temp/salt sensor that is in the back of the vessel. I guess what would help me is to know what a "switch" is

8. Back To Top    #8

Is it still under warranty? Most likely the sensor needs to be replaced since the flow is strong and it is clean.

Search for a workbook for the aquapure and you should find troubleshooting tests for it.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

9. Back To Top    #9

A mechanical switch typically uses a paddle that suspends down into the flow stream. Flowing water lifts the paddle and tells the machine that there is water flow. A broken paddle, or a missing magnet on the paddle (many use a magnet on the paddle and a magnetic reed switch inside the switch body) or debris preventing the paddle from getting within range of the switch tells the machine that there is no flow. High scaling could collect and impede the paddle. Or it may be electronic using a variety of flow sensor methods. Most units are mechanical for cost and simplicity. Electronic units can use multiple elements sensing temperature change, vortex variations or other methods.

A loose connection or broken wire can also be a cause.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Vickery View Post
    A mechanical switch typically uses a paddle that suspends down into the flow stream. Flowing water lifts the paddle and tells the machine that there is water flow. A broken paddle, or a missing magnet on the paddle (many use a magnet on the paddle and a magnetic reed switch inside the switch body) or debris preventing the paddle from getting within range of the switch tells the machine that there is no flow. High scaling could collect and impede the paddle. Or it may be electronic using a variety of flow sensor methods. Most units are mechanical for cost and simplicity. Electronic units can use multiple elements sensing temperature change, vortex variations or other methods.

A loose connection or broken wire can also be a cause.
    It's not a mechanical type of flow switch. It uses the same flow switch as the Aquapure and it's widely known that the old style of sensors were not reliable. The new version seems to have solved the flow issues.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process