New start up test results

bcampbell

Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
fontana, CA
Alright, so I've been having a pool guy come for start-up. His first day was on Thursday 9/1. He is doing an acid start up. As of now, he has added acid, water conditioner, and some liquid chlorine. Today, he started running the pump and added DE to the skimmer. He's not coming back until Tuesday. I used my TF-100 to test my water and now I want to know if there is anything I should do or add to my pool. It's going to be a SWG, but obviously I can't do any of that for the first 3 weeks, so what levels am I looking at SWG or Chlorine?

PH- 6.8 or lower
FC- 7.5 ppm
CC- .5 ppm
TC- 8 ppm
CH- 200 ppm
TA- 30
CYA- 0

TIA!

The first thing I will do is to raise pH to the 7 range, then raise CYA at least to 30 eventually it will have to go to the 70-80 range but wait for some expert to comment on this... ?

Obviously if this is a new pool, I will follow the pool builder instructions, bc he holds the warranty card

Ask the pool guy how much conditioner he put in and how he added it. Conditioner is cya so you have some but not sure how much. It can take a day for it to show up after it finishes dissolving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If granulated conditioner/stabilizer used, it can take a week for accurate results. Which test kit are you using for testing? PH is low, TA is low....

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

I'm using the TF-100. He put liquid conditioner into my skimmer on Thursday.

I've since added borax and brought my Ph up to 7.2.
TA- 40.

I've added granulated stabilizer in a sock today, plus bleach since my CL went to 0.5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.