Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New start up test results

1. Back To Top    #1

New start up test results

Alright, so I've been having a pool guy come for start-up. His first day was on Thursday 9/1. He is doing an acid start up. As of now, he has added acid, water conditioner, and some liquid chlorine. Today, he started running the pump and added DE to the skimmer. He's not coming back until Tuesday. I used my TF-100 to test my water and now I want to know if there is anything I should do or add to my pool. It's going to be a SWG, but obviously I can't do any of that for the first 3 weeks, so what levels am I looking at SWG or Chlorine?

PH- 6.8 or lower
    FC- 7.5 ppm
    CC- .5 ppm
    TC- 8 ppm
    CH- 200 ppm
    TA- 30
    CYA- 0

TIA!
    Fontana, CA, started 7/26 completed 8/31, IG pool/spa/slide/waterfall/grotto 17,000 gallons, pentair quad 100, pentair mastertemp 400,000 BTU, Intelliflo VS 3HP, Easytouch 8 w/ IC40, screenlogic 2, 2 5g color LED pool lights, 5g color LED spa light, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New start up test results

Obviously not SWG numbers if it's not on yet if that's your question? Please clarify.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

The SWG is not on yet, so I'm trying to figure out what ideal numbers to go by.

Fontana, CA, started 7/26 completed 8/31, IG pool/spa/slide/waterfall/grotto 17,000 gallons, pentair quad 100, pentair mastertemp 400,000 BTU, Intelliflo VS 3HP, Easytouch 8 w/ IC40, screenlogic 2, 2 5g color LED pool lights, 5g color LED spa light, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

The first thing I will do is to raise pH to the 7 range, then raise CYA at least to 30 eventually it will have to go to the 70-80 range but wait for some expert to comment on this... 😊

Obviously if this is a new pool, I will follow the pool builder instructions, bc he holds the warranty card
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is what you are looking for on levels
    Pool School - Recommended Levels

Even more info on SWG
    Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Here is what you are looking for on levels
    Pool School - Recommended Levels

Even more info on SWG
    Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    Thanks! I've been reading all of this information, but I can't do salt yet. So my question is do I follow the bleach numbers until I can put the salt in?

7. Back To Top    #7

Treat it like it is now, a non SWG pool...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    Treat it like it is now, a non SWG pool...
    Thanks! Now I'll go to poolmath and see what it says.

9. Back To Top    #9

Pooldv give you the links, follow his advice...

The corner stone of TFP

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Ask the pool guy how much conditioner he put in and how he added it. Conditioner is cya so you have some but not sure how much. It can take a day for it to show up after it finishes dissolving.

Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

11. Back To Top    #11

If granulated conditioner/stabilizer used, it can take a week for accurate results. Which test kit are you using for testing? PH is low, TA is low....

10,000 gallons IG Freeform, 8ft raised spa,pebble finish
    FNS 60 Sqft DE Filter,2HP Whisperflow for Pool/Spa filtering
    2HP Whisperflow for Spa jets
    1HP Whisperflow for Waterfall
    Master Temp 400,000 Btu Heater

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by crudsrus View Post
    If granulated conditioner/stabilizer used, it can take a week for accurate results. Which test kit are you using for testing? PH is low, TA is low....

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
    I'm using the TF-100. He put liquid conditioner into my skimmer on Thursday.

I've since added borax and brought my Ph up to 7.2.
    TA- 40.

I've added granulated stabilizer in a sock today, plus bleach since my CL went to 0.5.

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

There has been some testing behind the scenes and they indicate it doesn't take a week to show up. Liquid is pretty instantaneous.

Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile