What does anyone think of those copper emitting catridge systems?

Jul 12, 2016
Patchogue, new york
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im going to need a new liner next year or year after an instead of the constant need for chlorine and chemicals i was pondering buyig one f those Nature2 systems. Copper is great at keepng algae away. My problem is i was using copper algaecide ans stained my liner something aweful. Aside from that its faded bad. My 18 x 34 above ground pool is in direct sun all day. Its 12 yrs old original liner. Just wanting to know if anyone on here uses them and has had great success. thanks

Hi and welcome to TFP

Copper stains as you seem to already know. With that knowledge, why would you want to knowingly add copper? I think you'll find a consensus on this forum that it is a bad idea. Properly balanced and chlorinated water can't be beaten as a method of keeping algae away.

If you are going to add equipment, add an oversized swg. Putting a device that adds copper and silver to your pool is like buying a new pair of walking shoes and adding tacks in the heels.

In my spa, I had the spa frog with a bromine system which had silver I believe. Disaster!! If you search my post you will find my problems and how hard it was to maintain. These guys saved me and now I am strictly dichlor/bleach. Life saver!

Sent from my iPhone

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.