Pentair Whisperflo Troubleshooting

Mickey Moose

Jul 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
Recently my Pentair Whisperflo WF-26 (1.5HP, single speed) cleaning pump quit working. Turn cleaner on, pump motor does not start, not even any sounds. I got on Youtube and found to first check the capacitor. It tested bad. Put in a replacement this morning. Same thing - nothing. Next checked, on both ends, that the shaft freely spins. It does.

Not sure what to do next. Either the motor is (electrically?) damaged at some point past the capacitor or no electric is getting to the capacitor. Seem logical?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

When you turn the pump on, do you hear the relay click?

Check that power is getting to the relay. Then check to see if power is getting past the relay when the pump is turned on.

When you turn the pump on, do you hear the relay click?

Check that power is getting to the relay. Then check to see if power is getting past the relay when the pump is turned on.
What I found is that I do not hear the relay (at the control panel, yes?) when I turn the pump on. Additionally, I found in Screenlogic that the pump then appears in System Delays... I can cancel the delay and then the pump starts. I can shut it off normally.

The cleaner pump might have a five minute delay from when the main pump starts. If you're trying to turn the pump on within five minutes of the intelliflo pump coming on, that's normal. If the intelliflo has been on for more than five minutes, the cleaner should start right away.

The cleaner pump might have a five minute delay from when the main pump starts. If you're trying to turn the pump on within five minutes of the intelliflo pump coming on, that's normal. If the intelliflo has been on for more than five minutes, the cleaner should start right away.
I am aware of some conditions in which there is a delay - I just don't recall that there was ever a delay when the pool had not been on in a while and I turned on the cleaner. Though there is pretty few and far between so it may have always been that. What I know for a fact is that my pump cleaner pump works (regardless of the delay) after having changed the capacitor... it's running its schedule as normal again.

Thanks for the response, JamesW.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.