New Pool reading

May 29, 2016
ada, mo
Hi All! I have been following for quite a while. My pool has finally finished last week. I have new plaster and trying to keep up with readings although I am confused. Yesterday my PH was under 6.2 and TA was 20. They added muric acid and chlorine. Today my TA is 130 and PH is 8.2 (or higher) My FC is 16 and CH is 125.

I am not sure what my next step should be if anyone could throw up some suggestions?

Thank you!

Thank you. It was poured last week and we officially filled it up 7 days ago. My readings are just crazy. I will add chlorine next day it reads zero chlorine. The PH goes from off the chart to way to low. I bought the test kit im just unsure if I should follow the method right now with the new plaster.

The first 30 days of plaster start up are important to long plaster life.

1st priority is to follow the PB/installer instructions for plaster start up

2nd priority is to follow the plaster mfg instructions for start up
Here are some
http://www.sgm.cc/html_Pool/HomeOwners/startup-waterchemistry.html
Overview | National Pool Tile Group
Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

Then we can help fill in the blanks.

Adding CYA will help protect your FC from the sun

It is important to keep PH between 7.2 and 7.8 at all times, depending on what type start up your PB is doing.

Have you done some reading here?
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Getting Started

My suggestion is to relax... :calm:

I'm sure you have seen this suggestion before.. :testresults: So, go get your test kit and let us know the following:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Sounds like your PB is still taking care of the water. Is this true, or is he done?

I suspect you have very little CYA and that is why your chlorine is being burnt off so quickly. All of these tests are somewhat interrelated, so it is important for us to have them all at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.