Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool reading

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool reading

Hi All! I have been following for quite a while. My pool has finally finished last week. I have new plaster and trying to keep up with readings although I am confused. Yesterday my PH was under 6.2 and TA was 20. They added muric acid and chlorine. Today my TA is 130 and PH is 8.2 (or higher) My FC is 16 and CH is 125.

I am not sure what my next step should be if anyone could throw up some suggestions?

Thank you!
    17,000 gallons free form. Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Heater, SWG, Easy Touch.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool reading

Hello! Experts will be along shortly, but until then, here's some reading material for you:

Pool School - Getting Started

How new is your plaster?
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. It was poured last week and we officially filled it up 7 days ago. My readings are just crazy. I will add chlorine next day it reads zero chlorine. The PH goes from off the chart to way to low. I bought the test kit im just unsure if I should follow the method right now with the new plaster.
    17,000 gallons free form. Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Heater, SWG, Easy Touch.

4. Back To Top    #4

The first 30 days of plaster start up are important to long plaster life.

1st priority is to follow the PB/installer instructions for plaster start up

2nd priority is to follow the plaster mfg instructions for start up
    Here are some
    http://www.sgm.cc/html_Pool/HomeOwne...chemistry.html
    Overview | National Pool Tile Group
    Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

Then we can help fill in the blanks.

Adding CYA will help protect your FC from the sun

It is important to keep PH between 7.2 and 7.8 at all times, depending on what type start up your PB is doing.

Have you done some reading here?
    ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Getting Started
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

My suggestion is to relax...

I'm sure you have seen this suggestion before.. So, go get your test kit and let us know the following:

FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

Sounds like your PB is still taking care of the water. Is this true, or is he done?

I suspect you have very little CYA and that is why your chlorine is being burnt off so quickly. All of these tests are somewhat interrelated, so it is important for us to have them all at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.