Fail codes for Pentair Easy Touch

Apr 23, 2008
StL, MO
Wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list of the self-test/diagnostic fail codes for an EasyTouch. I got a 146 a few days ago, when my IntelliChlor IC40 stopped communicating w/ my EasyTouch (noticed the output LED's on the IC40 don't blink when I set IntelliChlor output to something other than multiples of 20). Called Pentair, they assigned the problem to a very reputable local builder and I'm confident the problem will get fixed, but I'm curious about the universe of fail codes.

FYI, while the warranty for Pentair equipment is normally 1 year, I learned that the warranty is extended to 3 years if 3 or more Pentair equipment components were purchased/installed at the same time. All of my equipment is Pentair (pump, filter, heater, vacuum and control board) so I was pretty happy to hear that from the Pentair rep.

Thanks!

grumpy said:
Hello and welcome to TFP.

The fault codes are in your user manual. Here's a link for a PDF version of the manual from Pentair. The codes are on page 57.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/EasyTouchSystemUG.pdf

Your 146 is really three different faults 1 and 4 and 6.

Let us know how it goes with the Pentair representative's visit.

Thanks, I didn't know 146 represented a combination of codes. Per the manual:
1 = LCD backlight (false error, no problems).
4 = Switch (buttons) - all buttons seem to work just fine.
6 = Sensor/Relay/Valves test (Must be a sensor failure; no problem w/ relays and no actuated valves installed).

Coincidentally saw a friend last night - had similar equipment installed my same builder much earlier in same year we had ours installed. He is having the same problem (when IC40 is enabled on EasyTouch and output is controlled by EasyTouch, the percent LED on the IC40 doesn't blink when set to something other than a multiple of 20).

Local Pentair service guy hasn't paid a call yet but I'm confident he'll come soon enough (very, very reputable builder). Will be interested to see what the problem is. Also, I miss not being able to precisely control the IC40 output through my EasyTouch. 20% is producing too much chlorine (my pool's gallonage is only 16,500 and the IC40's output is rated for 40,000 gallons - last season I set output from 9-12%, sometimes 15%, but 20% is too much. Don't want to reduce pump time, so I'm forced to set output to 0%, which defeats purpose of having spent money for automation. But no worries, will report problem back in case anyone else experiences same.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.