Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace light fixture?

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace light fixture?

My gfci trips whenever I turn the pool light on, the fixture is 11 years old. The gfci performs fine with the lights off. I replaced the bulb and gasket, let the fixture dry out but that did not fix the fault. I am thinking about buying and installing a new fixture $200 but want to know if there is anything else I should do or test.
    30,000 Gal, IG, Gunite, Spa, Aqua Logic, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Jandy LX Gas Heater, FAS-DPD, T-Cell-15 SWG, Polaris 280.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replace light fixture?

As you probably already know that fixture includes the cord that runs to the junction box. The cord and fixture come as one piece.

I would check all the connections in the junction box making sure it's all dry and the connections are tight.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replace light fixture?

Thank you, did that last night and all was tight with no moisture evident. So looks like I will be replacing fixture and cord. Hoping the job is as easy as it looks on youtube videos.