Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kokido zappy vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1

Kokido zappy vacuum

We are brand-new pool owners, so please bear with me. We have a Coleman 22x52 soft sided pool. I wanted something other than the vacuum that came with it and ordered a KOKIDO Zappy Max. Our pool has connection A, which is the water return to the pool, and two connection B hoses, which suck the water into the filter. The directions for this thing are terrible, with no phone support unless I want to call Japan, and the place I ordered from only deals with email tech support. It comes with directions to hook it up to the skimmer, which I am assuming is the B connection, and plug the other B line. When I do this the water stops flowing back into the pool from the pump, so I shut it off and I'm hoping to find help here. It has an adjustable pressure setting which I set for under 1/2 HP since my pump HP is .48 according to Coleman. I ordered this cleaner because it came with the fittings to fit my pool. Can someone please help a newbie? I would appreciate it.
    22x52 Coleman Powersteel pool

2500 gallon pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Kokido zappy vacuum

Have you looked at Youtube and Google ? There seem to be a few videos folks have posted, and the Kokido site has a way to email them also-

Google
    Maddie- TFP Guide. 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I have but the videos aren't very helpful. I emailed them almost two weeks ago and haven't heard from them. Thanks for the reply!

2500 gallon pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello Comet fan,
    Did you take the cover off of the Zappy? There might be a piece of Styrofoam, inside the head, which could prevent suction.
    Annette has - Intex Prism AGP 2016 - Seattle
    8' x 16' x 35" deep
    2900 gallons
    1,000 GPH cartridge filter pump
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by W-Otter Woman View Post
    Hello Comet fan,
    Did you take the cover off of the Zappy? There might be a piece of Styrofoam, inside the head, which could prevent suction.
    I will look, thanks!

2500 gallon pump