Bag Filters

H2O_Keeper

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
SW Indiana
I may change out my current filter system and found some commercial Filter housings that will accept both cartridge filters and bag filters. The bag filters are very inexpensive and come in all kinds of Micron levels. They have models that meet my GPM needs,

I started looking further and even found some home filter bag systems that meet the GPM requirements for a pool system and 1.5" connectors.

The bag filters should even be less resistance than cartridge so from a technical standpoint it looks like a good choice. My concern is that I do not know if they will hold up to constant FC levels, or if should I need to put in a does of MA to bring down PH.

Anyone have any experience going this route? Do the bags hold up in a swimming pool environment?

Bag filters can work, but they need to be cleaned more frequently than a cartridge filter and they are much more annoying to clean than a cartridge filter. Because of that, you don't see them around much.

The problem with bag filters is the square footage, which is going to be much less than in a pleated cart. The mean time between cleaning is going to be much smaller than with a cart for this reason. I have used bag filters on aquaria and found them to be a nightmare in that respect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.