Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Leveler - Fill & Drain

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Leveler - Fill & Drain

I'm looking for any info on a pool water leveling device that either adds or drains water to maintain a certain water level. All those I reviewed only add water. Since I live in Florida, I need a device that works both ways.
    11,600 gallon plaster salt pool & spa, IC20 SWG, IntelliPH, cartridge filter, 2.7HP IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Gas Heater, Easy Touch System w/remote, 8 roof mounted solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Leveler - Fill & Drain

there isnt a device that automatically drains water except a built in overflow pipe. Lots of folks have installed a 3 way valve between the pump and filter so we can divert water out of the pool if we have to.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks DDave....I have the typical manual "waste/drain" install. Was looking for more of an automated solution to facilitate draining when away.
    11,600 gallon plaster salt pool & spa, IC20 SWG, IntelliPH, cartridge filter, 2.7HP IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Gas Heater, Easy Touch System w/remote, 8 roof mounted solar panels

4. Back To Top    #4

Dave,

I have the same issue... it's a real pain here in Florida with my pool having neither an overflow nor a fill. I have this hose connection as you indicate downstream of the pump but it's a completely manual operation. It used to run all over the ground and make a real mess until I installed a buried pipe out to the curb. I'm thinking about putting an irrigation valve instead of the manual valve and operating it from a relay on my rs-12 controller. What do you think about this approach? It really irks me that I've spent all the money for the automatic controls and I still have to trudge over to the pool equipment to reduce my water level. So I'm thinking about trying this set up and if it works then adding a wifi level controller to actuate it.

I'll keep you posted... may take a couple of weeks as I'll be out of town for next 2 weeks.

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

5. Back To Top    #5

Chris....sounds like a great approach. I'll be interested in hearing about your success. Thanks!