Clean water. Algae at the bottom

Jun 10, 2016
Batavia
Hi, thanks to everyone here on the forums I brought my swamp pool to a crystal clear pool this summer. It's been great except for the fact that I keep getting alge on the bottom of the pool and on the walls. I vacuum and I keep my chlorine levels up with 3 inch chlorine tablets. I dont know how to stop this. The water is clear until i sweep or vacuum, then it has a green tint to it. The bottom looks like it has clumps of algae when this happens btw. Thanks.

With each and every puck you use it is adding both chlorine & cya to your water. As your cya level rises, so does the requirement to add more chlorine to compensate. SO it becomes quite a vicious cycle as the FC was enough when your cya was, say 40ppm, but inadequate now that your pucks raised your cya to 50ppm and this lets algae take hold.
The only solution is to use chlorine that doesn't continue to raise your cya (hint: liquid chlorine, aka bleach) and possibly drain water to lower your cya level. But we need concrete test results to see where you are.

Which test kit are you using? Can you provide us with:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

we'll be able to advise you better when we know those values. Thanks! :)

Yea I got my water clean finally and have been able to swim the past month or so. I have been keeping my water clear until this issue kinda crept up on me this week. I use the hydrotools test kit from the pool store.

Yea I got my water clean finally and have been able to swim the past month or so. I have been keeping my water clear until this issue kinda crept up on me this week. I use the hydrotools test kit from the pool store.
Can you please post a complete set of test results from your TF-50 (in the thread I linked to above, you said you have a TF-50). The hydrotools kit is an OTO based kit that does not check CYA.

Please post:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

You have algae because your FC level is/was too low for your CYA. You will need to SLAM the pool again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.