Turn on light kept tripping the surge proctector

I think you mean the GFCI breaker tripped. I doubt its a surge protector. Surge protectors often have a light and a button separate from the panel.

Assuming its the GFCI. The GFCI is finding a voltage imbalance downstream and won't let you reset until you clear the voltage imbalance. Try changing the lightbulb if you feel confident you can do that. If that doesn't work then it may be a bad fixture or a loose wire. Then you should probably call an electrician.

I think you mean the GFCI breaker tripped. I doubt its a surge protector. Surge protectors often have a light and a button separate from the panel.

Assuming its the GFCI. The GFCI is finding a voltage imbalance downstream and won't let you reset until you clear the voltage imbalance. Try changing the lightbulb if you feel confident you can do that. If that doesn't work then it may be a bad fixture or a loose wire. Then you should probably call an electrician.

You're correct, it is the GFCI. I'll ask an electrician to come by and have a look. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.