Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Losing water through skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Seminole, FL

Losing water through skimmer

Haven't posted for a while, 2 years of owning the house and using TFP with no algae or balance issues. TS Hermine filled the pool, and after draining a couple of times, I let it overflow into the French drains as the yard is totally saturated. I noticed I started losing water when the rain stopped, about an inch per 5 hours.

The second pic shows the problem, I think. A previous repair may have been opened up by the extra pressure? What is the best product to seal again. I think they used JB Water Weld or similar.

I also dug out a 3/4 cup of light colored sand, which I assume is being sucked through the crack when the pump is on.

The first pic shows the bottom of the skimmer. Could that be rebar poking through? What's an easy fix for that, if any?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Losing water through skimmer

A good Marine epoxy like MarineTex should repair a crack. That looks more like a stain or residue of some sort to me.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!