Here are some pictures from my BaquaCrud Conversion
This picture is a bit misleading
as the color of the pool water is actually a sickly pea green
I hadn't seen the pool bottom since the beginning of the season.
Note:Those are clouds reflecting on the water's surface
Quite inviting, isn't it!?!
The green only got darker and darker towards the deep end
Here it goes! My first Clorox dose. Right into the steps.
That rust-brown means it's working, really working!
Signs of BaquaCrud began to appear almost instantly
Milky clouds formed beneath the water with every Clorox jug I poured in
Patches of a sudsy-flaky film were steadily forming by my 4th 96oz Clorox jug
A bit impatient and expecting more of a reaction, I'm up to my 7th Clorox jug.
Not bad, but not very convincing either. Was hoping for more of a reaction (chemical)
I had ordered my TF-100 and couldn't wait.
But I would hold off on (7) 96oz jugs as my 1st day's (Sunday) dosing and
get an early start the next day.
Dosed the pool with (6) 96oz jugs at a time.
Now THAT's more like it!
I think it's working.
Well, it's doing something!
Just a noteays before my conversion, I had added my 3rd & 4th bottle of
BaquaCrud Oxidixer and my 2nd bottle of Sanitizer in an effort to clear my water.
So this may be the reason for the more violent reaction to the Clorox on Day 2
Hmmm...2 days of BaquaCrud chemicals...Hmmmm...let's see...15 and 15
and 30 and carry the one.....Whaaaaa!?! $135!!! What am I NUTS!?!
10 cases of (3) to a case 182oz Clorox jugs. 30 jugs. $73.50 pre-tax.
OK! Now lets get (back) to work!
Bleach Count: (24) 96oz & (8) 182oz Clorox jugs
A lot less BaquaCrud floating to the top. And the water is still green.
Starting to worry if this is working.
Bleach Count (32) 96oz & (21) 182oz.
Here's where I may have gone a bit overboard!
But the water is still green! Are you sure this is working?
A little bleach is good, so I guess a lot more would be gooder!
You can "wing it" the first day or two.
But use your TF-100! Get your TF-100! Post your results! Take pictures!
So are THESE the pretty colors you guys were talking about?
Or something like this?
Remember to backwash!
And floss between meals.
The TF-100 tests seem to be going in the right direction.
But the water, the water is still nasty green!
Are you guys sure this gonna work!?!
Just look at all the bleach I've already used!
I mean its Wednesday.
I've been dumping Clorox in here for 4 days.
I think you guys have been pulling my leg.
This has just been a waste of my time.
And of my money.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, now I get it!
It's working! It's working!
I knew you guys knew what you were talking about!!!!!!!
My liner! My liner! I can see the bottom of my liner again!
Day 4 Running Clorox Count: (35) 96oz & (32) 182oz jugs
Day 5 Clorox Count is up to (35) 96oz & (40) 182oz jugs
By Day 5 I am adding Clorox ONLY in the evening. And testing diligently!
So things are definitely looking up
Can clearly see the bottom of the liner.
Just a bit of sediment to vacuum up.
Why yes, even the floor drain!
My Clorox count to date is: ( ) 96oz & ( ) 182oz. jugs
So sticking with the process is definitely worth the results!
Just a bit of vacuuming, and keeping up with daily testing
And things are really cleaning up well
And of course lets not forget to backwash! Mmm, mmm, yum!