NO residual Chlorine

Jul 29, 2013
So the last few nights after using the hot tub, i've added roughly 2 oz of 10.6% liquid chlorine per person (roughly stayed in 1/2 hour). the next night before using, i check and seems chlorine is done to 0. I add about 2.5 oz (~475 gallon tub) prior to use so as to bring up chlorine.

Last night 15 min prior to use i added the 2.5oz of liquid chlorine and 22ml of MPS. Then again after use added 2 oz per person.

6 people in tub.

So i will be interested tonight to see if there is any residual chlorine.

it is a brand new tub, only used 3 nights now. Used Ahh-some prior to setup, so everything should be clean.

Added Spa Marvel as well, so thought that would perhaps assist in not using up the chlorine as quick.

Hoped there would be at least 1 ppm of chlorine left.

There is a bit of a learning curve on what the person hour demand is for chlorine in your tub. And it varies depending on how much "products" the person uses. I prefer to retest once or twice and hour or two or three after dosing bleach to make sure there is FC left in the tub. I often have to add more.

Have you memorized this page yet? :)
How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

There is a bit of a learning curve on what the person hour demand is for chlorine in your tub. And it varies depending on how much "products" the person uses. I prefer to retest once or twice and hour or two or three after dosing bleach to make sure there is FC left in the tub. I often have to add more.

Have you memorized this page yet? :)
How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

No my memory is Bad..... :)

Now that it is the weekend, i will have more time to check level frequently after use and get idea how much is used. Maybe my chlorine is week since i bought it in Apr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.