Peezy

Jul 28, 2016
Lexington/Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just installed pool about 5 days ago and filled with my own water. My alkaline is about 350 ppm and ph is about 7.4. I only plan on having pool open a few more weeks. Should I be concerned about my alkaline numbers? Also should I bother putting in stabilizer this season. I am having friends and family over for swimming in 3 days. As of now the pool looks great, the water is crystal clear. Thanks.

The high TA will cause the PH to rise. You;ll add acid - which will lower both the PH and the TA. Other than that I wouldn't worry about it.

Definitely add a little CYA this year. It's hard to maintain an outdoor chlorine pool with 0 CYA.

Take a look at this tutorial: Pool School - PoolMath

It will help you calculate your additions.

When you use MA, be sure to position yourself upwind, hold your breath, wear glasses if you have them, and also kinda guesstimate your add. If a splash catches you in the eye, just flush quickly for 15 seconds or jump in the pool with your eyes open.

Also, wait 1/2 hour between MA and chlorine additions.

The calculator calls for over 4lbs of stabilizer. So I just keep filling a sock, let it hang in the jet stream and let it disperse? I did some this morning and I can see a cloud of the stabilizer dispersing from the sock. Is this what I want?

Yes, that is the goal. Squeeze the sock to help it dissolve faster. You can use more than one sock. I used knee highs last time because they hold more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.