Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater and aquatrol timer options

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater and aquatrol timer options

Hey guys.

Got my gas line hooked up and my pump runs off the aquatrol timer. I know I only want the heater running while the pump is on. Do I need to install a separate timer? my pump just plugs into the aquatrol right now

Thanks

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heater and aquatrol timer options

Is it millivolt (no electric power needed) or a digitial ignition heater? If digital, you can hook it up to the load side of the timer just like the pump, and it will only get power when the pump does.

Either way, your heater has a flow sensor that will not allow it to run if the pump is off.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Heater and aquatrol timer options

I'll have to check the book. It has a 3' plug which is too short so I may just hard wire it. It's a Hayward h100I

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100