Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going from ColorLogic light to a Pentair Amerilite

1. Back To Top    #1

Going from ColorLogic light to a Pentair Amerilite

My ColorLogic Led light is dead and has to be replaced. The cost for a new ColorLogic was over $1,000. My pool service man said we could replace it with a Pentair Amerilite. Will that work? It is about 1/2 the cost.

Thanks for your help!
    East TN
    13,000 gal San Juan Fiberglass Pool;SWG; GoldLine Pro Logic Controls
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Max-Flo XL Pump;Polaris 380; Hayward ColorLogic LED
    Raypak Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going from ColorLogic light to a Pentair Amerilite

The cost for the Hayward Colorlogic is around $400. Tell him to reduce his installation cost. The Pentair is around $200. You need to be sure it will fit in your niche, but your pool guy should handle that.

How old is the light. You may have a warranty claim with Hayward if you have other products you purchased at the same time.

Note the Pentair warranty is only one year also.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! I called Hayward for advice but was on hold for over 30 minutes. So, I emailed them and they said I would need a new light. It is about 6 years old.
    East TN
    13,000 gal San Juan Fiberglass Pool;SWG; GoldLine Pro Logic Controls
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Max-Flo XL Pump;Polaris 380; Hayward ColorLogic LED
    Raypak Gas Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

You might want to check out the Color Splash XG series made by J&J electronics. They have a 3 yr warranty. We have had ours in for about a month so no long term feedback, but we like them so far. http://jandjpoolspa.com/ColorSplashFixture.html I called them before I bought them and they said they are serviceable if you're familiar with electronics.

BTW, I'm not associated with J&J, just have some in my pool.
    Vinyl, 20' X 44' in-ground, 35,000 gallons, Inteliflo VS 3HP, Triton TR-100 w/ activate, MasterTemp 400,000K LP, Dolphin Supreme M500, Hydramatic Hydraulic Auto Cover, TF-100 Test Kit.