Time to get a new suction cleaner - cant seem to look away from the Hayward Navigator

May 25, 2015
Weston/FL
Been using a Hayward Navigator for years and have been pleased with it's performance. I've enjoyed the fact that it's been easy to find replacement parts online and I could fix things myself on it. I admit, I am not the most careful owner/user. I leave the vacuum in the pool year round and simply turn it on and off with the valves at the pump station - so that has resulted possibly in greater wear and tear. So now, the housing of my unit is finally starting to crack and I think I'm just better off getting a whole new unit. I'm hesitant to get anything different than a Hayward Navigator because aside from the frequent need to replace parts due to my own laziness of leaving it in the pool year round, it's been a pretty reliable and effective pool cleaner. So before I plunk down another $400 on a new one, I thought I'd check in here and see if anyone can talk me out of buying one. I'm pretty sure I don't want a robot because I'm not interested in having an electrical cord running across my deck for periods of time, especially having small kids who are curious about these things and tend to yank and pull on everything. The Navigator seems to be the most tried and true suction model out there, plus easy to 'work on', so I'm having trouble looking at anything else.

My pool is an in ground concrete pool, kidney shaped, under 15k gallons. I live in FL and the pool is uncovered year round. Not too many leaves make their way into the pool, but we get lots of rain and small debris from storms.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.