Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Ping Pong, or other ideas?

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Ping Pong, or other ideas?

Well, we're trying top spend more time at home and it's time to get the backyard oasis in order. I did a search, but didn't see anything on ping pong tables. I can Google models, but if you have one you like that will help. I as much interested in how you set it up, landscaping under/around it, etc.

We're taking down a swing set, so the area I have is 36 feet long (fence to the house) and width is maybe 25 feet.

Open to other outdoor rec ideas as well. As far as a table, it would be out there year round. We have no storage, so a cover will have to do.

Thanks
    18' AG pool, 7,646 gallons, Sun from 11:30AM-2PM.
    Pentair Dynamo 1hp pump, Intermatic Timer (6/17)
    Pentair Sand dollar filter - 100lbs, 35gpm
    Pentair Lil' Shark cleaner, TF-100 Kit
    Raypak 206A 200K, BTU gas (6/17)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor Ping Pong, or other ideas?

Oh my gosh! Check out Pinterest for outdoor games. They have some of the cutest things folks have built.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Agreed! I have an entire board of just outdoor game ideas!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

Cornhole! My brother in law makes these and brought his over and the kids love playing it

My 2016 pool build Owner build 104' free form IG sport pool,20'x36' (18,300 gal)~7'x8' raised spa with spillover~Oklahoma flagstone coping~12" raised beam with dry stack wallC~Cascading waterfall grotto with flat moss rock~630 sqft salted concrete deck~Deep blue sea-prism matrix~2 Hp Jandy epump~1.5 Jandy stealth~CL580 cartridge filter~Jandy jxi heater~iaqua link 2.0 ~dolphin m500 robot~LED pool lights (2 pool, 1 spa)~TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I looked into these when designing our pool space. We didn't go with one but they were fun to look at. Generally be prepared for sticker shock though (for concrete purchased ones). The concrete ones are lifetime pieces of furniture to hand down to kids. The last link is to a game variety versus furniture. Depends on the vibe you are going for...and budget of course.

http://www.concretetabletennis.com/h...e-tennis-pics/

Or you can make your own...

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z4fJT

Or a more reasonable option...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=3419501
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

When Skippy and I lived in a little German village, every park had outdoor cement ping pong/table tennis tables. Lots of fun!

My son's workplace has a couple in their office space and they get quite competitive games going on. So its a game that seems to last for generations
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain