Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF100 First Test!

1. Back To Top    #1

TF100 First Test!

Hey Guys!

Good evening! I just received my TF-100 with Speed Stir and have ran my first test. Very thorough and was happy to be able to do this at home verses the dreaded pool store!

Here's the results:

FC- 7
    CC- 1
    TC- 8
    pH- 7.2-7.5 (A little hard to tell!)
    TA- 120
    CH- 275
    CYA- 35-40 (A little hard to tell!)

A little history: Bought the house last September, had a pool guy that was highly expensive and suppose to be great. Rarely ever vacuumed, only put tabs in, yeah- not fun. Pool looked good, but was in bad shape chemically (I caught him on camera! ha!) So, I knew when moving in, pool water was old- appx 15 years. So, we decided to do a R/O treatment to the water. (The old water WAS: FC-3, pH-7.8, TA-160, CH-600, CYA-200. TDS were over 2300.) The R/O person added chemicals to rebalance the pool once finished (conditioner, soda, and chlorine?). All in all the water greatly improved!

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!
    18'x32' IG approximately 25,000 Gallon Plaster Pool, Jacuzzi VS Pump (1.5 hP), Purex SMBW2048 D.E. Filter (47 sq. ft.), 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, 1 Main Drain, "The Pool Cleaner 4X" Hayward Poolvergnuegen Cleaner. TF-100 w/ Speed Stir, SoCal Water Restrictions.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: TF100 First Test!

How clear is the water? The CC of 1 indicates the possible need for a SLAM. You should round up and base your FC on a CYA of 40.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Water is really clear, some debris on bottom but today is cleaning day. Thanks!
    18'x32' IG approximately 25,000 Gallon Plaster Pool, Jacuzzi VS Pump (1.5 hP), Purex SMBW2048 D.E. Filter (47 sq. ft.), 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, 1 Main Drain, "The Pool Cleaner 4X" Hayward Poolvergnuegen Cleaner. TF-100 w/ Speed Stir, SoCal Water Restrictions.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You might want to do an Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to make sure you don't need to perform a Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Except for the CC, the numbers look good.

The CC might be due to letting the FC solution set too long before testing it. If you let it sit, it will turn pink and give you a false CC reading.

Testing for CC immediately following FC is the best practice.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes. Please post new results for FC and CC.

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok Guys! Thanks for the feedback! I haven't been able to be on since Thursday, so I'll post today's and Thursday's readings (Please note that we had a pool party and I added the chlorine after before testing Thursday)

Today: 9/4/16
    FC- 9
    CC- 0
    TC- 9
    pH- 7.5
    TA- 110
    CH- 275
    CYA- 30

Thursday 9/1:
    FC- 11
    CC- 0.5
    TC- 11.5
    pH- 7.5
    TA- 120
    CH- 250
    CYA- 30

I think everything had worked out fine! This time the chlorine (FC) test didn't sit while recording results, I had it spin the whole time then tested the CC. Seemed to be it. Also will wait on chlorine to get back into range. Thanks again guys for everything, let me know what else you think!