LED Pool Light Options

Nov 3, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Hi. I have a Hayward LED lights. These are the older ColorLogic 2.0 version.
With a remote I can do a color show with the 2 lights in the circuit.
Both have a failed and both were previously replaced once under warranty.
So definitively not the most reliable system.

Interested in alternatives that have worked well for others
I would like to stick with LED, remote to turn on/off, and the ability to have some type of color show.

I found several ugly reviews regarding 4.0 ColorLogic system which makes me a bit nervous replacing them with these, although that appears to be simplest option.
Any one have good success with 4.0 system??

Thanks

I put in some color splash xg lights. I spoke with one of their tech guys and they appear to be serviceable. I've only had them about 6 weeks though so no long term experience. No remote. Cycle the light switch to change between colors/shows. So far we like them.

Funny (because I should know) but I don't know if we have the 110V or 12V, but they are the ColorLogic 4.0's. I've had two of them for 4 years in our pools with zero issues. They work great for me.

All the major manufactures had problems with their lights when they switched to LEDs.

Based on what we see now on TFP there is not much difference between any of the LEDs from any of the major manufacturers.

Amazon reviews can be very misleading. The vast majority of folks who buy and install never write a review. So those can be very skewed.

The major pool equipment manufacturers have two very strong incentives to get it right, retention of their distribution network and keeping the cost of warranty claims under control. So when they have a problem with a product they tend to fix it quickly.

That is also why they have partially excluded DYI installs from their warranties. Excluding the DYIs cuts down on the handholding time and paying for repairs caused by faulty installation.

As time goes on I would expect LEDs from the majors to last longer and have less problems.

Finally, you just can't install a transformer you buy at home depot and magically increase the lifespan of your lights. First any transformer must be pool rated and listed by UL for pool use. Second, the bulbs must be low voltage and many times the fixture must also be up dated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.