Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hurricane coming - run the pump or not

1. Back To Top    #1
    Wake Forest, NC

Hurricane coming - run the pump or not

I live in NC and now they are saying Hermine is coming through on Friday and Saturday with "tremendous amount of rain." I'm going to bring the Chlorine up to about 10 ppm by Friday morning. Wondering if, after it is mixed, should I run the pump during the downpour or leave it off. I have a drain like in a bathtub that will drain water out when it gets too high. Thanks!
    True L 45,000 gal Hayward vinyl pool. Hayward Tristar 2.40 THP; 1.5 FRHP/1.60 SF. Hayward Model # S244T Sand Filter. Aqua Rite T-15. Aqua Comfort 154,000 BTU Heat Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Hurricane coming - run the pump or not

I would raise FC up to shock level for your cya, FC/CYA Chart. I wouldn't run the pump when you aren't there if there is a chance of a bunch of debris getting in the pool and clogging the skimmers.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach