Tropical storm(so much water)

Jul 15, 2015
Florida
I drained the pool down to the bottom of the tile line yesterday before the storm. It was up to the deck by 6pm today. I drained it back down to the bottom of the tile line again tonight.

They are estimating more rain tomorrow than today.

Overall I'm estimating I have taken over a foot of water out of my 28'x15' pool.

What should I(and others)be anticipating as far as chemistry balance after the storm? Im sure I will need more CYA. Should I go ahead and run the SWG on super chlorinate until the storm is over?

28x15 Gunite pool. About 10k gallons. SWG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a main drain? Can/will your pump run if you just use the main drain? If so it might be helpful to pull your water below the skimmer but with the returns covered.

We are right in the eye of the storm so waiting to see just how much rain we end up getting. I have my pool lowered and waiting to see what happens.

I can tell you that you might as well know your levels will be all whacked out LOL. PH up, CYA low, FC low, mess from wind, etc. BUT it will not be anything a good test kit and some bleach and MA cannot cure!

Just try to make sure your pool does not over flow and cause damage to the coping and such.

:kim:

Down here in Clearwater squalls continue, and I've been dumping pool water into my swamp of a backyard. Added bleach after Wednesday's full day of rain, and yesterday FC tested at 7.5 (SWG running as normal and no sun to burn off chlorine). Today's task is to scoop all the leaf debris from the pool--Polaris 280 will not be able to suck it all up. Rain will continue on and off all day, so I'm not worried about rebalancing chems just yet. Will test for FC and pH and adjust as needed. Hope all is well in Tallahassee and elsewhere in FL.

We're drowning around here too... expecting rain all day today and most of day tomorrow. I'm planning to drain some tomorrow. Where was all the rain when I had to drain twice to get my CYA under control!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I haven't been doing anything differently with the SWG - just letting it run as it normally does, and tossing in bleach if an extra boost if needed.

Nothing to report in the Panhandle. Hardly a cloud in the sky and beautiful Sorry that it hit you guys so hard.

2 3/4" Of rain so far in Hampstead and it has only been raining a couple of hours. I've got the pump turned off and the drain (skimmer only) open in hopes that the rain water will float off the top of the salt water and screw up my chemistry as little as possible. We'll see. It sure ruins an OCLT!

edit

Now after over 7" of rain the pump is on, valve to waste. And it still can't keep up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.