Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need new wheel cranks for my reel

1. Back To Top    #1

I need new wheel cranks for my reel

I have to replace mine again. The uv rays cooks them. They are white plastic. Does any place make metal ones? Or somthing that holds up better? I also need a few other things. Anyplace the forum knows who has good prices or a end of the season sale? Its been a bear of a summer here in Maine, but its coming close to winding down. Just keep swimming Thanks. Filix.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need new wheel cranks for my reel

Which reel do you have? I can't remember seeing replacement cranks, but I bet you could get a metal shop in your area to make some for you.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Mmm. The reel came with the pool when I bought the house 6 years ago. I will have to look on it to see if it has a name. Or take a pic. They do sell them, because I replaced them. But they were also plastic, not to last. Thanks. filix.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

4. Back To Top    #4

If you can find any identification on them, amazon has parts for a lot of them.

Mine had a broken mount on one side. Ended up using epoxy to repair it. a replacement was $ 75 (for a chunk of plastic)
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.