Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting water today!

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting water today!

Ok. I'm playing with my TF-100 kit.

Just testing my tap water before I fill the pool with this water.

The blue box water test.
    Chlorine- 0
    PH - 7.5

FC - .5
    CC - .5
    TC - 1

Calcium - 250 ppm
    Is this test allowed to show any purple or does it go completely blue?

TA - 150

CYA - I filled the whole cylinder up and could still see the black dot. I have no idea what I did wrong, but I'll try again, unless I shouldn't have any CYA in my tap water.

What should I be prepared to do with these results once I start filling.
    Fontana, CA, started 7/26 completed 8/31, IG pool/spa/slide/waterfall/grotto 17,000 gallons, pentair quad 100, pentair mastertemp 400,000 BTU, Intelliflo VS 3HP, Easytouch 8 w/ IC40, screenlogic 2, 2 5g color LED pool lights, 5g color LED spa light, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Getting water today!

That all sounds right. For all the color changing tests, the last drop that doesn't make a change doesn't count. You shouldn't find CYA in your tap water. So you'll want some when the pool gets filled. That and chlorine (bleach) are all you need to have on hand to start with.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Getting water today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
    That all sounds right. For all the color changing tests, the last drop that doesn't make a change doesn't count. You shouldn't find CYA in your tap water. So you'll want some when the pool gets filled. That and chlorine (bleach) are all you need to have on hand to start with.
    Thank you for your quick response!
    Fontana, CA, started 7/26 completed 8/31, IG pool/spa/slide/waterfall/grotto 17,000 gallons, pentair quad 100, pentair mastertemp 400,000 BTU, Intelliflo VS 3HP, Easytouch 8 w/ IC40, screenlogic 2, 2 5g color LED pool lights, 5g color LED spa light, TF-100