Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Travertine vs Tecno bloc or pavers for pool decking

1. Back To Top    #1

cary, nc

Travertine vs Tecno bloc or pavers for pool decking

I thought I really wanted Travertine but now am hearing mixed reviews. Specifically with Salt Water and being slippery. What were your overall decision making when it came to decking around the pool? I have young kids and think I also want bullnose coping to not have sharp edges around pool. Any insight appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Tucson, Arizona

Re: Travertine vs Tecno bloc or pavers for pool decking

Being in Arizona, our primary consideration was how hot the coping/decking would feel to the touch. We went with tumbled travertine because it is much cooler than concrete pavers and cools off almost instantly if you splash water on it or put shade over it. We were concerned about how slippery it might feel, and our experience is that when wet, it can be very slippery if you are wearing flip flops, but not when you are barefoot.
    Owner Build. 32x16, with 6x8 raised spa. Broke ground April 1, 2016, swimming July 18. Pentair Intelliflo VS + Whisperflo for Water features; Clean & Clear Filter 420; Master Temp Heater 400k BTU; Intellibrite 120V pool and spa lights; Regular ol' plaster.