Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We let our FC get too low a few days in a row (Saturday & MOnday night), and I noticed that the bleach I added last night at sundown to take me from 1.5 to 7 was already at about 5 around 3 hr after the sun came up. Water still looks beautifully clear, but I'm assuming I'm already headed towards an algae bloom :(

To make matters worse, we are headed out of town Friday morning for the holiday weekend and won't be home again till Monday afternoon. WE were planning to switch to pucks & our chlorinator until we got back. Do I have any hope of cutting this off at the chase if I start SLAMMING this afternoon/tonight (of course I have friends coming over to swim in about an hour...) and all day tomorrow then switch to the pucks while we're gone?

If this weren't already the worst timing, we're bringing half of my family back with us Monday, so I really REALLY don't want the pool to be out of commission when we get here. What is the fastest way to clear this up??

FC: currently back up to about 7 but falling pretty fast.
CC: .5
CYA: 40ish
TA: 120
CH: 225
*Water still looks perfect

You are probably fine. You've got 2 days, get the FC elevated and hold it there. Bring it to SLAM the morning before you go and add the puck floater and you shouldn't have any problems.

e: I'd brush once everyday until you left also.

By elevated, do you mean to my SLAM level (which I'm thinking is 16 but I want to check my CYA once more.), or just higher than usual then bump to SLAM level when we leave town? Should I leave my filter run 24/7 once we're gone?

Also, I forgot to include my pH which was 8. I've since lowered it to about 7.4.

Thx!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.