Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 month old plaster in the evening looks dirty

1. Back To Top    #1

2 month old plaster in the evening looks dirty

We have had water in our pool for a couple months. In the direct sunlight and at night with the lights on the Plaster looks perfect. But... in low light (Evening) the plaster gets what looks like shadows or dirty streaks everywhere. This is my first pool so I dont know if this is normal or if there is something wrong. My water chemistry is great thanks to you helpful people.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Friendswood TX, 23x39 free form , 20K gallons , 3 HP VS pentair , 1 HP whiisperflo, Pentair easy touch , 400k BTU pentaier heater, Deck Jets, Pentair 5g LED Lights. Tanning ledge with bubblers. Taylor 2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 month old plaster in the evening looks dirty

Clouds, low light, reflections, wind rippling water, all cause different types and colors of shadows on your pool floor. If it looks good in full sun then it is good. Ignore the scary shadows.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I was hoping to hear that.
    Friendswood TX, 23x39 free form , 20K gallons , 3 HP VS pentair , 1 HP whiisperflo, Pentair easy touch , 400k BTU pentaier heater, Deck Jets, Pentair 5g LED Lights. Tanning ledge with bubblers. Taylor 2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnsheila View Post
    We have had water in our pool for a couple months. In the direct sunlight and at night with the lights on the Plaster looks perfect. But... in low light (Evening) the plaster gets what looks like shadows or dirty streaks everywhere. This is my first pool so I dont know if this is normal or if there is something wrong. My water chemistry is great thanks to you helpful people.

Thanks
    Jeff
    We had ours replastered in Spring 2015, has always looked great in the daytime. When we turn on the light at night I can notice streaking/imperfections. 98% of the other people who use the pool don't notice or care.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner