Raised Spa needing to have different sized coping??

rurdy

Mar 7, 2015
Surprise, AZ
Our PB is telling us that our raised spa needs to have 8x16 coping, while the rest of the pool will have 12x12. Does that seem right to you all? They said it won't look right otherwise, but I can't find any pictures or info on the subject. unnamed.jpg

Our spa is raised (a lot) and the coping is about the same... we had an issue on the side of the pool where it is raised above the patio as the gunite was shot too thick and the shell was simply thicker on that side. We came to the conclusion that that side of the pool could be a few inches wider for the coping because it's a 'seat'... so, while it came from a mistake, we thought it would work out, and thus far, it looks fine.

Best I can say, is take some cardboard and cut it to the different sizes, and lay them up there... see how it looks. One thing for sure though is stick with what YOU want, don't let your PB tell you otherwise (they can advise and are the (supposed) experts, but it's your pool).

8x16" why such a skinny flagstone size? I would go with either everything the same (12x12") or go bigger on the spa but not smaller (just my opinion). I went up to 18x18" on my raised spa and 12x12 on the rest of of the pool. We wanted a the bigger flagstone to accommodate a larger seating area around the spa. I'll try to post a picture in a few minutes so you can see an example.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.