AquaRite SWG help

nouser

Aug 30, 2016
Cape Coral/Florida
I'm a nube to pools so I could use some help. I've been having off and on problems with my AquaRite SWG. Chlorine suddenly goes low and I couldn't identify why. Canister (t-5) recently cleaned. So the other day when I checked the panel I see no Power and no generating lamp. LCD is active. Tapped the box a couple times and a few seconds later those lights came on. Now they are off steady. Is there any user serviceable parts in this box? Any suggestions on what to check? Do I have any DIY options or do I need to call a service tech? Loose connection? Faulty part? Fuse? Anyone had similar experience and fixed it?

TY
Jim

Hi Jim,
It sounds as if the the current limiter is shot. If the top 2 lights are off, its almost 100% chance the current limiter is the problem.
If you are handy at all with a soldring iron, its an EASY DIY 5 dollar fix.

You can get replacement current limiter at Digi Key (google their website). The digi key p/n is 570-1062-ND

you can also google "repairing Hayward Slatwater system" or replacing the current limiter is Hayward SWG system or something similar for instructions.
There are also quite a few YouTube videos on how to do it.

Easy stuff and will save you a ton of money.

Hi Jim,
It sounds as if the the current limiter is shot. If the top 2 lights are off, its almost 100% chance the current limiter is the problem.
If you are handy at all with a soldring iron, its an EASY DIY 5 dollar fix.

You can get replacement current limiter at Digi Key (google their website). The digi key p/n is 570-1062-ND

you can also google "repairing Hayward Slatwater system" or replacing the current limiter is Hayward SWG system or something similar for instructions.
There are also quite a few YouTube videos on how to do it.

Easy stuff and will save you a ton of money.

TY, Parts ordered. I think you may have just saved me several hundred dollars. ;)

Jim

TY, Parts ordered. I think you may have just saved me several hundred dollars. ;)

Jim

Just a follow-up. The replacement part did indeed, correct the issue. It took about 30 minutes beginning to end, to remove the main board, replace the thermistor and reinstall. The old part crumbled when removing it. This project is a piece of cake if you have any soldering skills. The YouTube videos were a great help.

Many thanks. ;)

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.