Ok, first pool ever. 16k gal agp. Tested the fresh fill water and followed advice to start up with shock and cya. Levels Took about 3 days to even out enough to swim. That was 8/20. Shocked as advised from the local pool guy and added muriatic acid 8/25, dropped a tablet in the skimmer whenever it disappeared. Water has always been super clear and sparkly. Took a sample to the local ace yesterday.
Added 1 gal muriatic acid (in 3 doses)
1lb calcium hypo shock 68%
Retested this morning with this
And now nitrate reading popped up 4ppm.
I'm totally new to having a pool. The place i bought from said all i would need is 2-3self stabilizing tabs in the skimmer and 1lb of shock a week. I'm realizing its much more complicated than that lol. What should i do? Is this reading just telling me the chlorine is killing bacteria? Or have i got a major problem? Driving myself nuts over here!