CH not raising per instructions

Just a quick up date. After two partial drains and overfills I've got some new levels to report.

FC 2.05
CC 2.63
PH 7.4
TA 125
CH 400
CYA 54

After the readings I added roughly 40 oz of bleach to get the chlorine level good. What is everybody's thoughts on the CH and CYA levels ? Should I try to drain more or hope that splash out and backwashing will get me the rest of the way there ? Thanks again for all the feedback it is much appreciated !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you would use your Taylor kit. When you posted both testkit results, the Taylor looked more in line with your history.

When you do use it again, use a 10ml sample with 1 rounded scoop of powder, and divide the drop count by 2. The directions are on the inner lid of your kit.

I wish you would use your Taylor kit. When you posted both testkit results, the Taylor looked more in line with your history.

When you do use it again, use a 10ml sample with 1 rounded scoop of powder, and divide the drop count by 2. The directions are on the inner lid of your kit.

The problem I've found is when I do the fc/ cc test with the Taylor kit when I get to step 5 and 6 the cc is always lower than the first fc and I can't figure out why. I used the Taylor kit for everything but the chlorine tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Now I understand!

Steps 5 and 6 on the Taylor 2006 are only for CC and are done AFTER your FC test is done.

You WANT your CC to be no higher than 0.5, preferably 0. Your other testkit is giving you TOTAL chlorine, not CC. TC (total chlorine) = FC (free chlorine) + CC (combined chlorine).

I have had more beer than I should have tonight.... Let us know if you understood that explaination. If not, either I, or someone else, will try to elaborate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.