Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Constant Rain - Advice needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Constant Rain - Advice needed

Hey Guys, over the last several days I have been trying to raise my FC and PH. The problem I am having is the constant rain in the Florida Keys. There is a tropical storm south of us, but we are being crushed with rain. Should I hold off on adding chemicals and trying to get my numbers inline? My daughter was going to have a pool party this weekend for her 3yr BDAY, but I don't think its going to happen.

I cant be the only one with this issue, so I a reaching out for advice. The numbers are skewed each time.
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Constant Rain - Advice needed

Definitely keep an eye on pH and FC. Remember the heavy rains will also tend to lower CYA if overflow continues for an extended period of time, so you may want to confirm that later. But for now, make sure you always have adequate FC to prevent an algae bloom. You can easily check pH as well just to make sure it doesn't start to get too high on you. Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello, fellow Floridian!

Fine and preferable to balance your water even in the midst of all the rains. You don't want to give room for algae to gain a foothold.

Best wishes for decent weather for the party!
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

4. Back To Top    #4

Another fellow Floridian here. Believe me, this rain is nothing compared with an actual hurricane. I had to drain about four inches today up here in Central Florida. Keep your eyes on it. Test daily until the storm passes. Your daughter is probably too young to thank you, but her safety is more important than a few extra bucks of bleach and HCL. Good luck and we'll be thinking about you in a few days when it turns and drenches us!

----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks everyone! I appreciate the Floridian kind words and guidance. I will continue to monitor and test everyday until the weekend. I have most of the specs inline with TFPC.
    San Juan Mandalay Bay / Saltwater Fiberglass IG / Installed 2012 / 6600G / Depth 5.7 / Digital Nano #75041 / RC 35.22 / Sta-Rite SuperMax 2HP 1-Speed / Hayward C12002 Cartridge Filter / AquaCal 74K BTU / Silencer Air Blower 1.5HP / Taylor K-2005

6. Back To Top    #6

How is your weather looking today, Simmer? We are getting pummeled today!
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

7. Back To Top    #7

Best wishes with the weather, Simmer!

8. Back To Top    #8

hey everyone. Believe it or not around 90 degrees and no rain at all. Hermine went underneath us and hooked up into North Florida. Poseidon spared us this time.

Tomorrow is the pool party. Im going to test tonight and make any final adjustments Im running my pump all night and put BOOST on this morning. I anticipate a lot of swimmers tomorrow.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yay! Y'all have fun!

Btw, did you ever get the FAS-DPD upgrade to your testkit?