Remove return jet fittings

Jun 11, 2016
Boston, MA
Hi,

i was adjusting eyeball fitting on returns yesterday. Maybe I tighted too much by hand, now I cannot move the fitting by the hand at all. Which tool should I use? I have channel lock plier at home, but really afraid of breaking the plastic fittings :(

first time adjusting return direction, and feel so frustrated...

Mine get that way too. Generally I can just put a towel over the return for extra leverage and I untighten by hand. If you're going to use a channel lock, just put a towel between the tool and the return. I will say return jets are pretty cheap if you do end up breaking it. About $5 at most pool stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a rubber strap style adjustable wrench...more commonly as an oil filter wrench. Pick up at any auto parts store for probably less than $10.

These work perfectly (see pic below if you're not sure what it is). I use for just that purpose (loosing return jets). Can also use an set of channel lock pliers, but need to be really careful with those to not press too hard or you could crack.
07098080-43d9-4cce-aaa8-109a89776575_1000.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.