Solar cover question

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
So because I'm a cheapskate I figured I'd ask. Been pondering a solar cover for our little pool. Pool is 14', can't find a 14' cover. Did find a 15' cover for $40 I also saw a 10' cover for $14. So the question I have is would the little bit of extra coverage really make a difference over the smaller one? The 10' would fit pretty good I think and I wouldn't have to contend with the ladder coming off of the deck.

So has anyone used a smaller cover and had good results? Just trying to get the last couple of weeks out of summer without talking like a preteen boy again, no matter how funny the kids find it LOL!

Thanks in advance.

So because I'm a cheapskate I figured I'd ask. Been pondering a solar cover for our little pool. Pool is 14', can't find a 14' cover. Did find a 15' cover for $40 I also saw a 10' cover for $14. So the question I have is would the little bit of extra coverage really make a difference over the smaller one? The 10' would fit pretty good I think and I wouldn't have to contend with the ladder coming off of the deck.

So has anyone used a smaller cover and had good results? Just trying to get the last couple of weeks out of summer without talking like a preteen boy again, no matter how funny the kids find it LOL!

Thanks in advance.

You can get the bigger cover and just cut it to proper width. I use to see little circle s that you could put in pool made of the same solar cover material, but not sure how effective they are or were. I would think you want the pool completely covered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.