Pentair ic20

May 18, 2014
United States
i bought a Ic20 it work well for a week now the lights for the percentages are flashing green in order
my salt level are 3400 this is a 2 weeks old. theres also condensation that i don't know where its coming from

any help ?

Attachments

• IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 64
simnala,

If the unit is in the "Boost" mode, the output lights will flash left to right.. Push the More and Less buttons at the same time to shut off Boost.

I noticed two thing that concern me..

1. The salt light is not green.. or red.. I'm not sure why that would be???

2. An IC20 for a 16K pool is way undersized. My guess is that you will need to run the unit at close to 100% for 24/7 to produce the amount of chlorine needed.

Is this unit connected to an automation system?

Think maybe you could narrow down your location a little??? Hard to give any advice is we don't have a general idea of what your climate conditions are..

Thanks,

Jim R.

i used to have a 1c40 for over 6 years. the cell some blades fro the cell broke. and when i ask around my location i was i told why you had a Ic40 for the size of yr pool... so i bought the ic20... i should asked here. my backyard faces south so i get the morning sun by 2:30 pm my pool is complete shaded

yes is connected to a easy touch system i live in the central valley in california

i was Told that IC20 was for 20,000 gallons or less and the IC40 is for 40,000 gallos or less

I believe the lights may flash if the percentage is not at 20, 40, 60, 80 or 100 through the Easytouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is something up with that unit. You should not have condensate inside like that. Call Pentair and see about warranty right away. There is a serial number sticker, should be on the underside of the cell, have that ready when you call.

1 800 831 7133

i bought a Ic20 it work well for a week now the lights for the percentages are flashing green in order
my salt level are 3400 this is a 2 weeks old. theres also condensation that i don't know where its coming from

any help ?

Had the same symptoms with a new IC40 I bought from Amazon. Turned out to be an internal water leak that was faulting the electronics. After 2 days, I sam water dripping from the control panel face opposite the salt light. You need a new cell!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.