Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair ic20

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair ic20

i bought a Ic20 it work well for a week now the lights for the percentages are flashing green in order
    my salt level are 3400 this is a 2 weeks old. theres also condensation that i don't know where its coming from

any help ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16,000 gallon gunite with 800 gallon spa. 450 mm pentair filter. circulation pump sta-rite VS-450
    400,000 B.T.U. pentair max-e-therm heater @ spa. 2 water pots.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair ic20

simnala,

If the unit is in the "Boost" mode, the output lights will flash left to right.. Push the More and Less buttons at the same time to shut off Boost.

I noticed two thing that concern me..

1. The salt light is not green.. or red.. I'm not sure why that would be???

2. An IC20 for a 16K pool is way undersized. My guess is that you will need to run the unit at close to 100% for 24/7 to produce the amount of chlorine needed.

Is this unit connected to an automation system?

Think maybe you could narrow down your location a little??? Hard to give any advice is we don't have a general idea of what your climate conditions are..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

i used to have a 1c40 for over 6 years. the cell some blades fro the cell broke. and when i ask around my location i was i told why you had a Ic40 for the size of yr pool... so i bought the ic20... i should asked here. my backyard faces south so i get the morning sun by 2:30 pm my pool is complete shaded

yes is connected to a easy touch system i live in the central valley in california

i was Told that IC20 was for 20,000 gallons or less and the IC40 is for 40,000 gallos or less
    16,000 gallon gunite with 800 gallon spa. 450 mm pentair filter. circulation pump sta-rite VS-450

4. Back To Top    #4

I believe the lights may flash if the percentage is not at 20, 40, 60, 80 or 100 through the Easytouch.

30,000 Gallon Pool IG (Pool 18' X 38' / Spa 7' X 7') - Pentair IC40 SWG - (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST Pump - Pentair DE FNS-Plus 60 Filter - Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater - Pentair Easytouch 8 - Pentair Electronic valves - Pentair 5G Color LED Pool/Spa Lights - Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue - Auto Fill/Over Flow - Taylor K-2006C - Completion 3/2016.

5. Back To Top    #5

That is correct, it flashes the percentage it is closest to when Easytouch has it at say, 43%.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

There is something up with that unit. You should not have condensate inside like that. Call Pentair and see about warranty right away. There is a serial number sticker, should be on the underside of the cell, have that ready when you call.

1 800 831 7133
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

7. Back To Top    #7

since i bought from amazon pentair told to contact amazon... amazon had contact the the seller and I'm waiting for a respond. i will have the send me a IC40 and will pay for the difference. thank you for the help

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by simnala2 View Post
    i bought a Ic20 it work well for a week now the lights for the percentages are flashing green in order
    my salt level are 3400 this is a 2 weeks old. theres also condensation that i don't know where its coming from

any help ?
    Had the same symptoms with a new IC40 I bought from Amazon. Turned out to be an internal water leak that was faulting the electronics. After 2 days, I sam water dripping from the control panel face opposite the salt light. You need a new cell!
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing