Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: best type for a 27 round AGP. what are the options?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Perry Hall Maryland North of Baltimore

best type for a 27 round AGP. what are the options?

Hi folks,

Tried one of the suction and release type 6-7 years ago... the type that "hops" around the pool. It got stuck behind the pool steps and stayed in one place all night. It literally sucked a hole in my liner the size of a quarter. Could not patch properly due to sand loss underneath, so I've had a sandbag there ever since. Thinking about trying again. Recommendations? Liner is 15 y/o.... want to be careful.

Thanks all!
    Perry Hall, Maryland
    27' round above ground, 17100 gal, vinyl, Hayward1.5hp, 200lb.sand, EX baqua-goo user.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Fairmont, WV

Re: best type for a 27 round AGP. what are the options?

I'm not real sure about all the different cleaners out there. I've only had my pool for 1 and a half seasons so far, and just finished a baquacil to bleach conversion. I just use the hoses and vac the pool came with for a more thorugh cleaning.

For a lighter cleaning I bought a pool blaster, it runs on a rechargable battery with NO hoses! I lot of people have said they have had problems with it, but I LOVE mine! I do add a skimmer sock to the pre-existing filter to catch the finer particles. It's not automatic so you have to be in the pool to operate it. I don't mind as I find it kind of relaxing when no one is in the pool, I just crank the tunes and sweep away...haha
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

Re: best type for a 27 round AGP. what are the options?

We have tried a number of different cleaners for years, some that were manual and some that were automatic but not robots and finally got ourselves a Pool Rover Jr last year. Best thing since sliced bread. Set it and forget it. It does not get stuck at my stairs, it does not need a dedicated pump or pressure source - I can run it before I even hook up my pump and hoses for the season. It works well in very cold water at opening vs. some of the autocleaner robots that slow to a crawl or stop completely in cold water. It also filters the water so it removes the dead algae too. I love my PRJ and my pool is so CLEAN.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!