Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool is up!

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool is up!

We worked our butts off this weekend but got the pool up and landscaping done! Its a 24' Vogue pool we bought used. Don't know the model, if anyone has a clue on that, I'd love to know A great upgrade from our 22' intex ultra frame that was destroyed when a tree fell on it a year ago.
    We hired out the land excavation to accomodate the larger size. Did it ourselves the first time and even though we have all the needed tools, the ground was not perfect, and we wanted perfect for this pool. After that, the whole project went as smooth as one could hope for We used foam cove and sand for the bottom. Installed a j-hook liner and used a shop vac as instructed. It worked just like all the videos I have seen! Not a single wrinkle anuwhere in the liner. We did burn up our shop vac, but to me the smooth bottom is worth the $150 vac replacement. I still have to cut the skimmer in sometime today and am pretty nervous
    Since our lawn is already messed up from the project and needs major repair, we decided to just go ahead and tackle the landscaping right away. I am loving the look of the large river rock! And now we won't have dogs running around the pool chasing splashes making a mud track around the pool PhotoGrid_1472479972737-1.jpg
    10,000 gallon 22x52 Intex Ultra Frame pool.
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter/Pump (.75hp / 2150gph / 14" 77lb of sand)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool is up!

Looking very nice!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

looks great - love the rock!
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

4. Back To Top    #4

looks good, time to update the signature
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks good. A few questions if you don't mind.
    When you bought it used, what state was it in(filled and ready to swim, filled but green, empty, unassembled)? If unassembled how did you evaluate it's condition. If set up, who did the deinstall and how did it go?
    Also, new liner or same one from previous owner?

Pete and Family
    Graduated from baby wading pool to Quick Set Intex 10 ft to Intex steel frame 12 ft over the last 5+ years
    Just purchased BestWay 22 ft x 52 in on clearance - will graduate to it next spring!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePete97 View Post
    Looks good. A few questions if you don't mind.
    When you bought it used, what state was it in(filled and ready to swim, filled but green, empty, unassembled)? If unassembled how did you evaluate it's condition. If set up, who did the deinstall and how did it go?
    Also, new liner or same one from previous owner?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Pool was disassembled and being stored in a trailer when we purchased. And actually the ppl we bought it from had bought or got it and never set it up because It was too large for their area. So we really took a gamble purchasing since the wall was rolled up in a coil, we had no way of knowing if there was any rust, and the ppl we purchased from had never had it unrolled either. We did buy a new liner...knowing you cannot reuse a liner and the old one wasn't with the pool either.
    10,000 gallon 22x52 Intex Ultra Frame pool.
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter/Pump (.75hp / 2150gph / 14" 77lb of sand)

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Looks great! Love the rock too.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.