Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 question

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 question

Hey guys I recently purchased a house and now have a pool. The pool is in the neighborhood of 50-60 years old. Currently the pool has a booster pump running a pentair legend that's on its last leg and the booster pump is plumbed above ground which is really annoying. I am wondering if a polaris 360 would work for me, pool piping is copper and I have 3 3/4" returns, 1 skimmer and 1 drain at the bottom of the deep end. The returns do not seem to be threaded and they seem to be copper. I just put in a pentair intelliflo 2 pump in. Is there a way to adapt these non threaded possibly copper 3/4" returns to use the polaris 360 so I can eliminate the booster and external hose.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 question

I don't think so. Sounds like a robotic cleaner is your best option.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris 360 question

Ok, so my pool guy said robotic wont work good because of size and shape of pool. He said he can make the 360 work. I have another issue though, i would like to purchase eyeballs for the returns to improve circulation, problem is i cant seem to find eyeballs that fit into 3/4" copper. any suggestions?