Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey! New Owner to an endless pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey! New Owner to an endless pool

Hi! We just purchased a home with an endless pool that hasn't particularly been well maintained...I intend to use it for exercise; it is 4000 gals and vinyl sided. Just had a water analysis done by Leslies, and after replacing double small filters and silver insert, still have cloudy water. The FAC is 0, the TAC is 0, the Calcium hardness is 240 , (OK), and the CYA is Low -0. Phosphates are high @ 200, but all other reading are OK.

Have just added 3oz Quick dissolving chlorinated chlorine.

Two questions:
    1/ get FLO on electronic reader, ONLY when I put fast lane motor on,
    2/What's up with the cloudiness?

Thanks. Really want to use my pool...;(

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Hey! New Owner to an endless pool

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

We use and recommend Trouble Free Pool Care (TFPC). You can read about it here: TFPC for Beginners

You will need a recommended test kit in order to take control of your pool. There are two readily available water testing kits approved for TFPC. The most often recommended kit is this one:

You will very likely need the XL option when clearing a pool.

In the meantime, it's best to avoid use of powdered or solid forms of chlorine. While waiting for your test kit to arrive, add 6 cups of 8.25% bleach and then 3 cups per day after that to keep the pool from getting any worse.

Finally, please click the link in my signature below called "Read Before Posting". In order to get the best possible advice here, follow the instructions there including how to add your own signature.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Hey! New Owner to an endless pool

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach